Shameless sh*t-talking is one of rap’s most time-honored traditions – and if you’re talking sh*t about rappers for talking sh*t, so much the better! On this newly leaked album cut, Time Is Now emcee Co$$ does just that, suggesting that rhymesayers who talk the talk without walking the walk should man up and Get Sum guts. Beatnick Dee‘s understated organ/breakbeat instrumental sets a groovy, retro-informed mood as Co$$ berates his peers for their lack of testicular fortitude, dropping a relentless stream of imaginative burns and free-associated food/weed-related imagery. Co$$ may be a big talker but, considering the creativity he showcases here, I have no doubt that readers will Show Sum appreciation. Those who like what they’re hearing have plenty to look forward to in the months ahead: following the summer/early-fall arrival of his Before I Awoke LP, the artist will be releasing a yet-untitled mixtape collaboration with Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills producer Numonics.
Written by richard on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.