Shameless sh*t-talking is one of rap’s most time-honored traditions – and if you’re talking sh*t about rappers for talking sh*t, so much the better! On this newly leaked album cut, Time Is Now emcee Co$$ does just that, suggesting that rhymesayers who talk the talk without walking the walk should man up and Get Sum guts. Beatnick Dee‘s understated organ/breakbeat instrumental sets a groovy, retro-informed mood as Co$$ berates his peers for their lack of testicular fortitude, dropping a relentless stream of imaginative burns and free-associated food/weed-related imagery. Co$$ may be a big talker but, considering the creativity he showcases here, I have no doubt that readers will Show Sum appreciation. Those who like what they’re hearing have plenty to look forward to in the months ahead: following the summer/early-fall arrival of his Before I Awoke LP, the artist will be releasing a yet-untitled mixtape collaboration with Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills producer Numonics.
Listen to More: Co$$ (aka Ca$hus King)
Written by richard on 05/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.