Shameless sh*t-talking is one of rap’s most time-honored traditions – and if you’re talking sh*t about rappers for talking sh*t, so much the better! On this newly leaked album cut, Time Is Now emcee Co$$ does just that, suggesting that rhymesayers who talk the talk without walking the walk should man up and Get Sum guts. Beatnick Dee‘s understated organ/breakbeat instrumental sets a groovy, retro-informed mood as Co$$ berates his peers for their lack of testicular fortitude, dropping a relentless stream of imaginative burns and free-associated food/weed-related imagery. Co$$ may be a big talker but, considering the creativity he showcases here, I have no doubt that readers will Show Sum appreciation. Those who like what they’re hearing have plenty to look forward to in the months ahead: following the summer/early-fall arrival of his Before I Awoke LP, the artist will be releasing a yet-untitled mixtape collaboration with Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills producer Numonics.
Listen to More: Co$$ (aka Ca$hus King)
Written by richard on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.