Don’t let the dollar signs in Co$$’ stage name fool you: while stacking paper is indeed on his agenda, the Los Angeles representative’s true motivations run considerably deeper than his pockets. Unreleased joint Show & Prove finds the artist shouting-out “Malc and Huey P.,” and flipping through the, “wisdom of the ages” as he ponders how to elevate himself and his people in the social, political, spiritual and economic arenas. Backed by MIC West‘s smoldering keys’, the artist even includes a nod to the despoilation of the environment: “Witness through a broken iris, I can see the planet dyin’...” While this thought-provoking street banger isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can expect more quality tunes on forthcoming street releases Genesis (with Numonics) and Cashus Kingdom (with J57), both scheduled for release before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.