Don’t let the dollar signs in Co$$’ stage name fool you: while stacking paper is indeed on his agenda, the Los Angeles representative’s true motivations run considerably deeper than his pockets. Unreleased joint Show & Prove finds the artist shouting-out “Malc and Huey P.,” and flipping through the, “wisdom of the ages” as he ponders how to elevate himself and his people in the social, political, spiritual and economic arenas. Backed by MIC West‘s smoldering keys’, the artist even includes a nod to the despoilation of the environment: “Witness through a broken iris, I can see the planet dyin’...” While this thought-provoking street banger isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can expect more quality tunes on forthcoming street releases Genesis (with Numonics) and Cashus Kingdom (with J57), both scheduled for release before year’s end.
Written by richard on 09/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.