Don’t worry, readers: Golden State veteran Co$$ hasn’t (as far as I’m aware) developed a taste for opiates. After giving Heroin a couple spins, the only connection I’m able to draw to the titular substance was via a lyrical reference to Charlie Parker. Instead, this freshly-minted single is a freeform meditation on life, art, and the music game. A hazy PSYMUN beat sets the mood as Co$$ trades complex, contemplative verses with fellow DJBooth regular Blu and first-time featuree Kemizt. Fans will be able to find this joint on the artist’s next studio album, Black Hockey Players. The project currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tracks and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)