You know how, by the time light from a star reaches our eyeballs, that star might have been extinct for years? Well, a similar principle holds true in regard to Co$$ and weed: by the time you see the Los Angeles representative light a bowl, you can assume he’s been in outer-space for hours – as he puts it, “As soon as I arrive, I’m Gone.” This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds Booth-approved beatsmith Numonics handling production duties, serving up a lushly-sampled old-school backdrop for the freestyle series alum‘s dizzying blend of braggadocio and vivid imagery. Gary, Indiana’s own Freddie Gibbs brings things back down to Earth on the guest tip, lacing the record’s second half with an engagingly-flowed account of his trip to the local gas station/convenience store for Swishers. Like what you’re hearing? You can expect plenty more musical Revelations where this came from on Co$$ and Numonics’ forthcoming collaborative street album, set to hit the net tomorrow. Fans in the Miami area can catch Co$$, along with fellow Booth regulars Sene and Blu at the release party, going down Thursday evening at the Transit Lounge!
Written by richard on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)