You know how, by the time light from a star reaches our eyeballs, that star might have been extinct for years? Well, a similar principle holds true in regard to Co$$ and weed: by the time you see the Los Angeles representative light a bowl, you can assume he’s been in outer-space for hours – as he puts it, “As soon as I arrive, I’m Gone.” This newly-leaked mixtape cut finds Booth-approved beatsmith Numonics handling production duties, serving up a lushly-sampled old-school backdrop for the freestyle series alum‘s dizzying blend of braggadocio and vivid imagery. Gary, Indiana’s own Freddie Gibbs brings things back down to Earth on the guest tip, lacing the record’s second half with an engagingly-flowed account of his trip to the local gas station/convenience store for Swishers. Like what you’re hearing? You can expect plenty more musical Revelations where this came from on Co$$ and Numonics’ forthcoming collaborative street album, set to hit the net tomorrow. Fans in the Miami area can catch Co$$, along with fellow Booth regulars Sene and Blu at the release party, going down Thursday evening at the Transit Lounge!
Written by richard on 10/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Time Is Now" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)