Perfect Ten, the latest single from Cory Mo, is more than just a rap record – it doubles as a personal ad, describing exactly what the Texan producer-turned-solo-artist looks for in a woman. Backed by his own slow-rolling, Southern-fried boardwork, the artist rattles off a lengthy list of criteria: you’ve gotta be thick in the waist, book all your own flights, and possess all the class of Tamia or Nia Long while also not minding the occasional swat on the behind (good luck on that one!). Joining Mo to detail their similarly lofty standards are Houston vet Slim Thug and G.O.O.D. Music mainstay GLC, the former fantasizing about a woman combining all the admirable features of Keri Hilson, Rihanna and Alicia Keys, and the latter wishing for more of a Tyra Banks-Rosa Acosta hybrid on the back end. R&B singer C.P. rounds out the lineup, lacing the hook with some appropriately silky harmonies. So, any ladies in the house who meet the collaborators’ specifications? Anyone?
Uh, anyway… in addition to appearing on Cory’s The Up & Coming Mixtape, out November 11, this cut will be featured on his forthcoming full-length, It’s Been About Time.
Written by richard on 10/31/10
Submit your Rating
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.