With production credits for Bun B, Mike Jones, Z-Ro, Lil’ Keke, and many more under his belt, Texan producer Cory Mo is no longer satisfied with being “Houston’s Most Unknown.” The latest in a long line of seasoned beatsmiths looking to make a name for themselves on the mic, he’s ready to take listeners nationwide on a tour of his Neighborhood. Mo’s Lone Star State roots are written all over this record, from the laid-back twang of the self-produced beat to his unmistakable accent as he describes how things are done around his way. Lyrical heads are likely to take issue with the ultraliteral, punchline-free verses, but, taken as a whole, it’s hard to argue with the Southern-fried swagger Neighborhood brings to the table. So, is Cory Mo truly Ahead of [His] Time? We won’t know for sure till later this year, when his debut album hits stores.
Listen to More: Cory Mo
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.