With production credits for Bun B, Mike Jones, Z-Ro, Lil’ Keke, and many more under his belt, Texan producer Cory Mo is no longer satisfied with being “Houston’s Most Unknown.” The latest in a long line of seasoned beatsmiths looking to make a name for themselves on the mic, he’s ready to take listeners nationwide on a tour of his Neighborhood. Mo’s Lone Star State roots are written all over this record, from the laid-back twang of the self-produced beat to his unmistakable accent as he describes how things are done around his way. Lyrical heads are likely to take issue with the ultraliteral, punchline-free verses, but, taken as a whole, it’s hard to argue with the Southern-fried swagger Neighborhood brings to the table. So, is Cory Mo truly Ahead of [His] Time? We won’t know for sure till later this year, when his debut album hits stores.
Listen to More: Cory Mo
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.