With production credits for Bun B, Mike Jones, Z-Ro, Lil’ Keke, and many more under his belt, Texan producer Cory Mo is no longer satisfied with being “Houston’s Most Unknown.” The latest in a long line of seasoned beatsmiths looking to make a name for themselves on the mic, he’s ready to take listeners nationwide on a tour of his Neighborhood. Mo’s Lone Star State roots are written all over this record, from the laid-back twang of the self-produced beat to his unmistakable accent as he describes how things are done around his way. Lyrical heads are likely to take issue with the ultraliteral, punchline-free verses, but, taken as a whole, it’s hard to argue with the Southern-fried swagger Neighborhood brings to the table. So, is Cory Mo truly Ahead of [His] Time? We won’t know for sure till later this year, when his debut album hits stores.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.