Hold Up... you don’t listen to Cory Mo? Either you’re allergic to high-quality Southern hip-hop, or you just don’t know what you’re missing. In the latter case, a listen to the Lone Star State rapper/beatsmith’s latest single should set you straight. In addition to the headliner’s whip-ready production and boastful bars, this single packs guest rhymes from two rap heavyweights: Def Jam signee Big K.R.I.T. contributes a masterfully-flowed middle 16, and underground veteran Talib Kweli brings a dash of East Coast flavor to the final verse. Hold Up is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Cory Mo’s independent debut full-length, Take It or Leave It. Click here to pre-order the project on iTunes in anticipation of its October 22 release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Lone Star State rapper/producer Cory Mo has unleashed his independent debut full-length, Take It or Leave It. His first release since dropping free mixtape Country Rap Tunes back in November of 2012, the project packs 14...
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.