Hold Up... you don’t listen to Cory Mo? Either you’re allergic to high-quality Southern hip-hop, or you just don’t know what you’re missing. In the latter case, a listen to the Lone Star State rapper/beatsmith’s latest single should set you straight. In addition to the headliner’s whip-ready production and boastful bars, this single packs guest rhymes from two rap heavyweights: Def Jam signee Big K.R.I.T. contributes a masterfully-flowed middle 16, and underground veteran Talib Kweli brings a dash of East Coast flavor to the final verse. Hold Up is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Cory Mo’s independent debut full-length, Take It or Leave It. Click here to pre-order the project on iTunes in anticipation of its October 22 release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.