Hold Up... you don’t listen to Cory Mo? Either you’re allergic to high-quality Southern hip-hop, or you just don’t know what you’re missing. In the latter case, a listen to the Lone Star State rapper/beatsmith’s latest single should set you straight. In addition to the headliner’s whip-ready production and boastful bars, this single packs guest rhymes from two rap heavyweights: Def Jam signee Big K.R.I.T. contributes a masterfully-flowed middle 16, and underground veteran Talib Kweli brings a dash of East Coast flavor to the final verse. Hold Up is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Cory Mo’s independent debut full-length, Take It or Leave It. Click here to pre-order the project on iTunes in anticipation of its October 22 release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.