Hold Up... you don’t listen to Cory Mo? Either you’re allergic to high-quality Southern hip-hop, or you just don’t know what you’re missing. In the latter case, a listen to the Lone Star State rapper/beatsmith’s latest single should set you straight. In addition to the headliner’s whip-ready production and boastful bars, this single packs guest rhymes from two rap heavyweights: Def Jam signee Big K.R.I.T. contributes a masterfully-flowed middle 16, and underground veteran Talib Kweli brings a dash of East Coast flavor to the final verse. Hold Up is just one of many bangers slated for inclusion on Cory Mo’s independent debut full-length, Take It or Leave It. Click here to pre-order the project on iTunes in anticipation of its October 22 release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label