When you’re a prodigy of Pimp C and an elite member of Texas hip-hop (as a producer and rapper), it’s hard to miss a beat when it comes to making great music. Haters be warned, you’d be hard pressed to find anything wrong with Cory Mo‘s Getting To The Money. With Talib Kweli and Mike Bigga (aka Killer Mike) as features, listeners should enter with some seriously high standards. Those expectations are proven right as they come through yet again with quick wits and heavier verses. Don Cannon makes the Friendship State (did anyone outside of Texas know that one?) soulful again, bridging the trio’s bars together seamlessly over a banging, head-nodding beat. Interestingly enough, this one is set to release on Mo’s latest project with DJ Smallz, Country Rap Tunes, Vol. 1. Hopefully this is only the start of bigger and better things for Cory. Speaking of which: If this can be labeled country the CMA’s better watch the **** out next year. In the meantime, keep it locked to The DJBooth for all things hip-hop, cowboy and everything in-between.
Written by Sigurd on 10/25/11
Submit your Rating
Mozart Musik/Javotti Media/Empire
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Obama '08 ft. Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Trae & Cory Mo" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)