If I were to tell you that Cory Jreamz was a native of Houston, Texas, before pressing play on his debut DJBooth feature you might expect to hear a candy-painted, swooning southern anthem. While Jreamz might reside in H-town, his style is more out of this world. Sure, there is a touch of that classic leanin’ H-Town flavor in the production, courtesy of Jreamsz and Vincent Campos, but the spooky, chopped vocals give the track a much more extraterrestrial feel. Don’t try and locate Cory’s vocals on a map either; he blends a forceful, emphatic delivery with a certain swooning malaise that marries the beat to form a truly unique and dynamic sound. It might have you feeling a little off-kilter, but there should be no doubt you will be Howl-ing for more. That “more” you are looking for can be found on Jreamz’ The Lonely Painter album, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.