If I were to tell you that Cory Jreamz was a native of Houston, Texas, before pressing play on his debut DJBooth feature you might expect to hear a candy-painted, swooning southern anthem. While Jreamz might reside in H-town, his style is more out of this world. Sure, there is a touch of that classic leanin’ H-Town flavor in the production, courtesy of Jreamsz and Vincent Campos, but the spooky, chopped vocals give the track a much more extraterrestrial feel. Don’t try and locate Cory’s vocals on a map either; he blends a forceful, emphatic delivery with a certain swooning malaise that marries the beat to form a truly unique and dynamic sound. It might have you feeling a little off-kilter, but there should be no doubt you will be Howl-ing for more. That “more” you are looking for can be found on Jreamz’ The Lonely Painter album, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.