If I were to tell you that Cory Jreamz was a native of Houston, Texas, before pressing play on his debut DJBooth feature you might expect to hear a candy-painted, swooning southern anthem. While Jreamz might reside in H-town, his style is more out of this world. Sure, there is a touch of that classic leanin’ H-Town flavor in the production, courtesy of Jreamsz and Vincent Campos, but the spooky, chopped vocals give the track a much more extraterrestrial feel. Don’t try and locate Cory’s vocals on a map either; he blends a forceful, emphatic delivery with a certain swooning malaise that marries the beat to form a truly unique and dynamic sound. It might have you feeling a little off-kilter, but there should be no doubt you will be Howl-ing for more. That “more” you are looking for can be found on Jreamz’ The Lonely Painter album, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.