Everyone wants Freedom, but no one seems to define that elusive concept in quite the same way. On a brand new single, premiered Wednesday via TheFader, Cory Jreamz ponders the many meanings that word may hold, depending on who you are and what position you occupy on the socioeconomic totem pole. Monte Monlov and BeatKnox join forces with the artist to create an abrasive, wailing synth-sample beat to back his wide-ranging lyrical reflections, which touch upon everything from police brutality to his own unlikely rivalry with Ernest Hemingway. Freedom isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Jreamz’s plans as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.