Not being dead has been a popular theme in the Booth of late; in the past week, Young Chris and JINX have blessed our pages with records titled, respectively, I’m Alive and Alive. Houston up-and-comer Cory Jreamz‘s latest feature, also titled Alive, continues this trend. Whereas the aforementioned joints were upbeat expressions of joie de vivre, though, this mixtape single has a darker, more intense vibe. Backed by his and TRAYSHAWN‘s pensive strings and distorted vocal samples, the 19-year-old rhymesayer emphasizes his all-consuming drive to crush the competition in deadpan, unyielding verses. In addition to showcasing his talents on the mic and behind the boards, Jreamz directs the joint’s murky, smoke-hazed visuals. For this cut, the previously-featured Howl and more, check out The Lonely Painter when it drops digitally November 19.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.