Not being dead has been a popular theme in the Booth of late; in the past week, Young Chris and JINX have blessed our pages with records titled, respectively, I’m Alive and Alive. Houston up-and-comer Cory Jreamz‘s latest feature, also titled Alive, continues this trend. Whereas the aforementioned joints were upbeat expressions of joie de vivre, though, this mixtape single has a darker, more intense vibe. Backed by his and TRAYSHAWN‘s pensive strings and distorted vocal samples, the 19-year-old rhymesayer emphasizes his all-consuming drive to crush the competition in deadpan, unyielding verses. In addition to showcasing his talents on the mic and behind the boards, Jreamz directs the joint’s murky, smoke-hazed visuals. For this cut, the previously-featured Howl and more, check out The Lonely Painter when it drops digitally November 19.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.