Not being dead has been a popular theme in the Booth of late; in the past week, Young Chris and JINX have blessed our pages with records titled, respectively, I’m Alive and Alive. Houston up-and-comer Cory Jreamz‘s latest feature, also titled Alive, continues this trend. Whereas the aforementioned joints were upbeat expressions of joie de vivre, though, this mixtape single has a darker, more intense vibe. Backed by his and TRAYSHAWN‘s pensive strings and distorted vocal samples, the 19-year-old rhymesayer emphasizes his all-consuming drive to crush the competition in deadpan, unyielding verses. In addition to showcasing his talents on the mic and behind the boards, Jreamz directs the joint’s murky, smoke-hazed visuals. For this cut, the previously-featured Howl and more, check out The Lonely Painter when it drops digitally November 19.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.