Not being dead has been a popular theme in the Booth of late; in the past week, Young Chris and JINX have blessed our pages with records titled, respectively, I’m Alive and Alive. Houston up-and-comer Cory Jreamz‘s latest feature, also titled Alive, continues this trend. Whereas the aforementioned joints were upbeat expressions of joie de vivre, though, this mixtape single has a darker, more intense vibe. Backed by his and TRAYSHAWN‘s pensive strings and distorted vocal samples, the 19-year-old rhymesayer emphasizes his all-consuming drive to crush the competition in deadpan, unyielding verses. In addition to showcasing his talents on the mic and behind the boards, Jreamz directs the joint’s murky, smoke-hazed visuals. For this cut, the previously-featured Howl and more, check out The Lonely Painter when it drops digitally November 19.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)