Not being dead has been a popular theme in the Booth of late; in the past week, Young Chris and JINX have blessed our pages with records titled, respectively, I’m Alive and Alive. Houston up-and-comer Cory Jreamz‘s latest feature, also titled Alive, continues this trend. Whereas the aforementioned joints were upbeat expressions of joie de vivre, though, this mixtape single has a darker, more intense vibe. Backed by his and TRAYSHAWN‘s pensive strings and distorted vocal samples, the 19-year-old rhymesayer emphasizes his all-consuming drive to crush the competition in deadpan, unyielding verses. In addition to showcasing his talents on the mic and behind the boards, Jreamz directs the joint’s murky, smoke-hazed visuals. For this cut, the previously-featured Howl and more, check out The Lonely Painter when it drops digitally November 19.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.