Though the wait for Bronx-born emcee Cory Gunz’ debut album is starting to become quite the lengthy one, the (still) young emcee continues to keep fans on their feet with a series of street releases. Joining Gunz’ arsenal of street records is the newly released, araabMUZIK-produced Stacks On Deck. Gunz’ aggressive lyricism on the un-originally-titled song lasts from start to finish as he heartily boasts about “stacks on deck,” his “strap on deck,” and last but certainly not least the “trap on deck.” While araabMUZIK’s production on the record begins by sounding like the score to a slasher flick it eventually transforms into a much more hip-hop heavy beat. Although Stacks On Deck isn’t attached to any larger project from Gunz, the artist recently released the Lifted-produced Foreign.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.