Though the wait for Bronx-born emcee Cory Gunz’ debut album is starting to become quite the lengthy one, the (still) young emcee continues to keep fans on their feet with a series of street releases. Joining Gunz’ arsenal of street records is the newly released, araabMUZIK-produced Stacks On Deck. Gunz’ aggressive lyricism on the un-originally-titled song lasts from start to finish as he heartily boasts about “stacks on deck,” his “strap on deck,” and last but certainly not least the “trap on deck.” While araabMUZIK’s production on the record begins by sounding like the score to a slasher flick it eventually transforms into a much more hip-hop heavy beat. Although Stacks On Deck isn’t attached to any larger project from Gunz, the artist recently released the Lifted-produced Foreign.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.