From Frodo’s ring, to the dark side of the force, to the eldritch secrets of the Necronomicon, cosmic power has a nasty track record of driving its recipients to madness and self-destruction. Thus, it should come as no surprise that Cory Gunz’ ever-expanding mic abilities have left him a tad touched in the head. On newly-leaked mixtape inclusion Outta My Head, the Bronx native reveals the true extent of the damage, exploring his psyche in bars that are so ill, they’re f**king mental. Pro + Dot of Militia Music set an appropriately ominous mood behind the boards, layering eerie bells and ghostly howls over a driving rhythm section as Gunz fills listeners in on his familial and drug-related baggage (shades of Shady), and demonstrating his derangement with the help of copious Jim Carrey references: “I’m a Liar Liar with The Mask, f*ck a pet detective / Losing my cup of noodles, temper tanrtums get brutal, in the mood to pull out an uzi on a f*ckin’ poodle.” Think this joint is crazy-good (in addition to being just plain crazy)? Then you can expect plenty more insanity on Cory Gunz’ Son of a Gun street album, set to hit the ‘net tomorrow (July 1).
Written by richard on 06/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.