It’s easy for rap heads to write off Cory Gunz because he’s part of Young Money, but you’d be smart to give the kid a listen. Case in point: the video for Y’all Ain’t Got Nothin’ On Me, featuring a go-to guest feature artist of the day 2 Chainz, off Gunz’ latest mixtape, Son of a Gun. Over a large scale Don n Pro beat Chainz bats leadoff with a verse that sounds exactly like what you’d expect from the new Def Jam signee, but Gunz holds his own on the back end of this track with an impeccable flow and decidedly more on-point lyricism. If you can get past the fact that he’s been sitting on the Young Money bench for a few years now, his work could easily become a hidden gem on your next playlist. As always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from Gunz, his future in this industry, and other possibly more-slept-on artists.
Written by Trixx on 04/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.