It’s easy for rap heads to write off Cory Gunz because he’s part of Young Money, but you’d be smart to give the kid a listen. Case in point: the video for Y’all Ain’t Got Nothin’ On Me, featuring a go-to guest feature artist of the day 2 Chainz, off Gunz’ latest mixtape, Son of a Gun. Over a large scale Don n Pro beat Chainz bats leadoff with a verse that sounds exactly like what you’d expect from the new Def Jam signee, but Gunz holds his own on the back end of this track with an impeccable flow and decidedly more on-point lyricism. If you can get past the fact that he’s been sitting on the Young Money bench for a few years now, his work could easily become a hidden gem on your next playlist. As always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from Gunz, his future in this industry, and other possibly more-slept-on artists.
Written by Trixx on 04/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.