Bronx native Cory Gunz has been called the game’s best kept secret. To illustrate: though he originally appeared on Lil Wayne’s A Milli, his virtuosic verse was removed for fear that Weezy’s rhymes would be upstaged. Today, Mr. Gunz is determined to go public with his skills, as evidenced on the newly-leaked Gamble On Me. Hotshot producer J.R. Rotem provides the beat, over which Cory showcases his considerable songwriting talents. With a lot of money on the table, the New York Rookie of the Year does what few in the Tri-State area has been able to do of late – create a credible song. Gunz’ forthcoming debut, God Forgives, I Don’t, doesn’t have a label behind it or a release date, but it’s clear that the emcee feels safe playing the odds.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)