Bronx native Cory Gunz has been called the game’s best kept secret. To illustrate: though he originally appeared on Lil Wayne’s A Milli, his virtuosic verse was removed for fear that Weezy’s rhymes would be upstaged. Today, Mr. Gunz is determined to go public with his skills, as evidenced on the newly-leaked Gamble On Me. Hotshot producer J.R. Rotem provides the beat, over which Cory showcases his considerable songwriting talents. With a lot of money on the table, the New York Rookie of the Year does what few in the Tri-State area has been able to do of late – create a credible song. Gunz’ forthcoming debut, God Forgives, I Don’t, doesn’t have a label behind it or a release date, but it’s clear that the emcee feels safe playing the odds.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)