Those who follow Cory Gunz know the Bronx emcee’s a more-than-capable heir to his father’s throne—unfortunately, he remains the game’s (self-proclaimed) Best Kept Secret. If there’s anyone who can help a talented yet tragically slept-on up-and-comer build buzz, though, it’s DJ Drama—now, the king of mixtape promotion’s teamed up with Gunz for the latest entry in his famous Gangsta Grillz series. The first leak off the forthcoming mixtape finds Gunz teaming up with two fellow members of hip-hop’s new school to celebrate the dawning of A New Day. Aphilliates Music Group “Crown Prince” Willie The Kid is first up; over **UPDATE** DJ Khalil‘s hard-hitting blend of horror-movie strings and reverb-heavy percussion, he spits an entertaining opener, notably boasting of being, “one of the fewest new rappers that’s not weird.” After Chi-town emcee Marvo (previously seen on Trel Mack‘s No Problem) spits his Midwest-repping bars, the headliner finally steps up to the mic, amping up the wordplay and alliteration in his memorable closing verse. DJ Drama Presents Gangsta Grillz: Heir to the Throne is coming soon—stay tuned to the Booth for further details.
Written by richard on 05/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Richer Than Richie" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.