With countless new records surfacing every day, we at DJBooth think long and hard about what’s going to earn a coveted spot on our front page, and though we passed over Soul Diggaz member-turned-R&B singer Corte Ellis‘s promo single, Money On The Floor, when it dropped two weeks ago, this new, Slaughterhouse-assisted remix was too hot to ignore. Over Ellis and his Soul Diggaz colleagues’ original synth-brass production, Budden, Ortiz, Crook, and Royce each give their own take on the topic of big spending, The recent SRC/Universal signee still “[stunts] like a motherf*cker,” on the hook, along with his opening verse from the original (now second), but the fearsome foursome will undoubtedly receive the lion’s share of attention, due in large part to the lyrically-focused supergroup’s mere presence on a paper-stacking club record. Personally, I think it’s an interesting change of pace, but, as always, Booth readers will have the final say.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Seems Like You Ready" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.