Despite this being Corneille‘s very first DJBooth.net feature, he is already an established veteran in his hometown of Montreal – the only reason he hasn’t caught on in the States yet is that his two primary albums were both done entièrement dans le Français (“entirely in French” for those not fluent in the Gallic). Now, Corneille is ready to release his first album in English, appropriately titled The Birth of Cornelius (the Anglicized form of his stage name) in the United States on March 10th. If the newest single is any indication, he’s managed to cross the language gap with no trouble; his smooth jazz vocals and production prove not to be a challenge, but rather a musical Liberation. Look for this record to snag a coveted spot on the Booth’s R&B Charts, and to bring the singer success with both French and English-speaking audiences.
Listen to More: Corneille Written by Burmy
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.