Despite this being Corneille‘s very first DJBooth.net feature, he is already an established veteran in his hometown of Montreal – the only reason he hasn’t caught on in the States yet is that his two primary albums were both done entièrement dans le Français (“entirely in French” for those not fluent in the Gallic). Now, Corneille is ready to release his first album in English, appropriately titled The Birth of Cornelius (the Anglicized form of his stage name) in the United States on March 10th. If the newest single is any indication, he’s managed to cross the language gap with no trouble; his smooth jazz vocals and production prove not to be a challenge, but rather a musical Liberation. Look for this record to snag a coveted spot on the Booth’s R&B Charts, and to bring the singer success with both French and English-speaking audiences.
Written by Burmy on 02/16/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.