Despite this being Corneille‘s very first DJBooth.net feature, he is already an established veteran in his hometown of Montreal – the only reason he hasn’t caught on in the States yet is that his two primary albums were both done entièrement dans le Français (“entirely in French” for those not fluent in the Gallic). Now, Corneille is ready to release his first album in English, appropriately titled The Birth of Cornelius (the Anglicized form of his stage name) in the United States on March 10th. If the newest single is any indication, he’s managed to cross the language gap with no trouble; his smooth jazz vocals and production prove not to be a challenge, but rather a musical Liberation. Look for this record to snag a coveted spot on the Booth’s R&B Charts, and to bring the singer success with both French and English-speaking audiences.
Written by Burmy on 02/16/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.