Despite this being Corneille‘s very first DJBooth.net feature, he is already an established veteran in his hometown of Montreal – the only reason he hasn’t caught on in the States yet is that his two primary albums were both done entièrement dans le Français (“entirely in French” for those not fluent in the Gallic). Now, Corneille is ready to release his first album in English, appropriately titled The Birth of Cornelius (the Anglicized form of his stage name) in the United States on March 10th. If the newest single is any indication, he’s managed to cross the language gap with no trouble; his smooth jazz vocals and production prove not to be a challenge, but rather a musical Liberation. Look for this record to snag a coveted spot on the Booth’s R&B Charts, and to bring the singer success with both French and English-speaking audiences.
Listen to More: Corneille
Written by Burmy on 02/16/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.