Large scale collaboration cuts can often be difficult waters to navigate due to the plethora of personalities and styles. At times, they don’t work out so well. Sometimes, though, they are right on the money. Cormega’s latest release MARS features Action Bronson, Roc Marciano and Saigon over a Large Professor beat, and sounds like hip-hop gumbo stewed to perfection. Every artist on this track compliments each other and the tone of the Large Pro’s production, just as the multitude of flavors in a pot of gumbo come together to create and flavorful and enticing dish. Mega, who was never really able to break into a large bill of success even though he was heavily associated with Nas and Mobb Deep, shines on this track and spits with a style that is a welcomed blast from the past. While the others on this track clearly do their thing, this is Mega’s song from the very jump. No word yet on a larger project from Mega, but if he can keep cooking up dopeness like this we’ll keep eating.
Written by JC Poppe on 03/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Oath" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.