When someone answers the question, “How are you?” with a curt, “I’m Fine,” you can be pretty certain there’s something eating at them. Coolroy (Lite) is no exception, as evidenced by his latest single. Contrary to what the title may suggest, this record finds the West Coast rhymesayer overcome with grief, thanks to memories of a past love who died before her time. Over David Manzoor‘s heartstring-tugging strings, the artist tells the story of their time together, wondering whether, had he seen the writing on the wall earlier, he could have saved her life. Trescher Catron directs the record’s equally poignant official visuals. Produced entirely by Manzoor, Coolroy’s NINE LP is scheduled to drop digitally sometime this summer. In the meantime, stay tuned for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
In 2011, The DJBooth introduced readers to Coolroy's Charlie, a introductory project from the once buzzing West Coast native. Unfortunately, in the 30 months following the free release, Coolroy only appeared on our pages a...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.