When someone answers the question, “How are you?” with a curt, “I’m Fine,” you can be pretty certain there’s something eating at them. Coolroy (Lite) is no exception, as evidenced by his latest single. Contrary to what the title may suggest, this record finds the West Coast rhymesayer overcome with grief, thanks to memories of a past love who died before her time. Over David Manzoor‘s heartstring-tugging strings, the artist tells the story of their time together, wondering whether, had he seen the writing on the wall earlier, he could have saved her life. Trescher Catron directs the record’s equally poignant official visuals. Produced entirely by Manzoor, Coolroy’s NINE LP is scheduled to drop digitally sometime this summer. In the meantime, stay tuned for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.