When someone answers the question, “How are you?” with a curt, “I’m Fine,” you can be pretty certain there’s something eating at them. Coolroy (Lite) is no exception, as evidenced by his latest single. Contrary to what the title may suggest, this record finds the West Coast rhymesayer overcome with grief, thanks to memories of a past love who died before her time. Over David Manzoor‘s heartstring-tugging strings, the artist tells the story of their time together, wondering whether, had he seen the writing on the wall earlier, he could have saved her life. Trescher Catron directs the record’s equally poignant official visuals. Produced entirely by Manzoor, Coolroy’s NINE LP is scheduled to drop digitally sometime this summer. In the meantime, stay tuned for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
In 2011, The DJBooth introduced readers to Coolroy's Charlie, a introductory project from the once buzzing West Coast native. Unfortunately, in the 30 months following the free release, Coolroy only appeared on our pages a...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)