When someone answers the question, “How are you?” with a curt, “I’m Fine,” you can be pretty certain there’s something eating at them. Coolroy (Lite) is no exception, as evidenced by his latest single. Contrary to what the title may suggest, this record finds the West Coast rhymesayer overcome with grief, thanks to memories of a past love who died before her time. Over David Manzoor‘s heartstring-tugging strings, the artist tells the story of their time together, wondering whether, had he seen the writing on the wall earlier, he could have saved her life. Trescher Catron directs the record’s equally poignant official visuals. Produced entirely by Manzoor, Coolroy’s NINE LP is scheduled to drop digitally sometime this summer. In the meantime, stay tuned for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.