When someone answers the question, “How are you?” with a curt, “I’m Fine,” you can be pretty certain there’s something eating at them. Coolroy (Lite) is no exception, as evidenced by his latest single. Contrary to what the title may suggest, this record finds the West Coast rhymesayer overcome with grief, thanks to memories of a past love who died before her time. Over David Manzoor‘s heartstring-tugging strings, the artist tells the story of their time together, wondering whether, had he seen the writing on the wall earlier, he could have saved her life. Trescher Catron directs the record’s equally poignant official visuals. Produced entirely by Manzoor, Coolroy’s NINE LP is scheduled to drop digitally sometime this summer. In the meantime, stay tuned for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
In 2011, The DJBooth introduced readers to Coolroy's Charlie, a introductory project from the once buzzing West Coast native. Unfortunately, in the 30 months following the free release, Coolroy only appeared on our pages a...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.