After exploding onto the scene in 2008, 2009 was a relatively quiet year for Chicago hip-hop innovators The Cool Kids, largely because they spent most of it working on their still-delayed album. But that doesn’t mean Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks haven’t been giving their fans new music. Case in point: Tires, the latest leak off their recently released Merry Christmas EP. Produced by Inglish himself, Tires is everything you’d expect from a Cool Kids track: the densely electronic beat is sparse and bass heavy, the topic is dope wheels (they’ve apparently outgrown their bikes), the chorus is slow and the rhymes are dripping in old school sensibility, including the lyrical contributions from guest artist Boldy James. The style isn’t for everyone, but Cool Kids fans should be happy to unwrap Tires as a belated Xmas present. The track is off Don Cannon Presents The Cool Kids: Merry Christmas EP, available now. As for their debut album When Fish Ride Bicycles, all I can say is keep your fingers crossed for 2010.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
Green Label Sound
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Mags" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.