Lately, Blu‘s been hellaciously busy on the collaborative tip; fresh off the release of his and Nottz‘s Gods in the Spirit EP, he’s currently working with MED on The Burgundy and, to top it all off, he’s partnered with Los Angeles-based newcomer CookBook to craft another joint EP. If the rapper/producer’s got too many irons in the fire, though, you wouldn’t be able to tell from the last-mentioned project’s lead single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. On the contrary, both he and Cook excel on We Swear, a vibrant throwback banger featuring guest rhymes from the Yancey Boys’ Frank Nitt. Like what’s you’re hearing? If your answer is “Yes,” you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Blu and CookBook’s EP of the same name, set to drop digitally December 17.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.