Lately, Blu‘s been hellaciously busy on the collaborative tip; fresh off the release of his and Nottz‘s Gods in the Spirit EP, he’s currently working with MED on The Burgundy and, to top it all off, he’s partnered with Los Angeles-based newcomer CookBook to craft another joint EP. If the rapper/producer’s got too many irons in the fire, though, you wouldn’t be able to tell from the last-mentioned project’s lead single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. On the contrary, both he and Cook excel on We Swear, a vibrant throwback banger featuring guest rhymes from the Yancey Boys’ Frank Nitt. Like what’s you’re hearing? If your answer is “Yes,” you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Blu and CookBook’s EP of the same name, set to drop digitally December 17.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.