Featured back in November 2009, ATL-born. Michigan-raised rapper Buff1‘s The Best Are Full of Love won acclaim for its smooth instrumental and engaging verses, but the three-out-of-five star average rating left plenty of room for improvement. Today, producer Cook Classics is back to see if he can score a few more points with a revamped version of the record, newly selected as the latest single off his forthcoming solo album. While Buff1, Diz Gibran and Shawn Jackson‘s rhymes remain untouched, CC gives his production a subtle face-lift, kicking the bass up a few notches and adding momentum to the verses with some extra electric-guitar riffs. Some may be disappointed to hear that the hook (which received the heaviest criticism when the track was first featured) hasn’t been tweaked but, all in all, this seems to be one of those rare cases where fixing what ain’t broke pays off – what do you think, Booth readers? For more hot beats from Cook Classics, grab a copy of Recharged when it hits record stores and online retailers June 8.
Cook Classics/Traffic Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On/Off Switch (Cool Out) (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.