Featured back in November 2009, ATL-born. Michigan-raised rapper Buff1‘s The Best Are Full of Love won acclaim for its smooth instrumental and engaging verses, but the three-out-of-five star average rating left plenty of room for improvement. Today, producer Cook Classics is back to see if he can score a few more points with a revamped version of the record, newly selected as the latest single off his forthcoming solo album. While Buff1, Diz Gibran and Shawn Jackson‘s rhymes remain untouched, CC gives his production a subtle face-lift, kicking the bass up a few notches and adding momentum to the verses with some extra electric-guitar riffs. Some may be disappointed to hear that the hook (which received the heaviest criticism when the track was first featured) hasn’t been tweaked but, all in all, this seems to be one of those rare cases where fixing what ain’t broke pays off – what do you think, Booth readers? For more hot beats from Cook Classics, grab a copy of Recharged when it hits record stores and online retailers June 8.
Written by richard on 05/9/10
Submit your Rating
Cook Classics/Traffic Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On/Off Switch (Cool Out) (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)