Musical artists can rarely succeed without the networking opportunities provided by an urban area but, paradoxically, that environment isn’t always conducive to creative work. In response to this dilemma, beatsmith Mike Fresh has created Control Natural, a series in which artists will leave the distractions of the big city behind to write and record an EP at his studio in the hills of Massachusetts. For the first installment, he will be working with Adrienne Mack-Davis, the Rochester singer and emcee who brought us For the Love back in 2011. Premiering in the Booth along with the visual document of its creation (featured below), project lead single All Good finds Fresh serving up a buoyant electronic groove for Mack-Davis’ sung and flowed reflections on her artistic process. Has this preview piqued your interest? If so, be sure to cop the full, three-song project when it drops digitally on Tuesday, May 21.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Buzzmaking emcee/singer/songwriter Adrienne Mack-Davis has come together with The DJBooth, New Fame, LLC, The MC Media Group and the Virginia Key Grassroots Festival to offer her latest project, CirclesAndLines, for free...
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.