Consequence is a man of many titles: rapper, entertainer, Best of the Booth Award winner, but he now add peacemaker to that impressive resume. Apparently not content to simply drop his ill Whatever U Want (Remix), Cons has decided to get his Ghandi on and bring together once sworn enemies Puff Daddy and The Lox for a Whatever U Want (Bad Boy Remix) – or as I like to call it, re-remix. A long and bitter legal battle between The Lox (a.k.a. Styles P, Jadakiss and Sheek Louch) and Mr. Diddy made prospects for a reunion dim, but it turns out all they needed was a dope Kanye beat. Musically, the Bad Boy Remix isn’t particularly remarkable; sure the Lox drop some collectively impressive flows, but for the most part all Diddy does is mumble his way through a couple lines. Still, the track’s good enough that I don’t feel completely crazy asking which is better, the remix, or the re-remix? Either way, anticipation surrounding the release of Consequence’s ConsTV album, due out in early 2010, should only continue to build.
Written by matt juss on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.