Consequence is a man of many titles: rapper, entertainer, Best of the Booth Award winner, but he now add peacemaker to that impressive resume. Apparently not content to simply drop his ill Whatever U Want (Remix), Cons has decided to get his Ghandi on and bring together once sworn enemies Puff Daddy and The Lox for a Whatever U Want (Bad Boy Remix) – or as I like to call it, re-remix. A long and bitter legal battle between The Lox (a.k.a. Styles P, Jadakiss and Sheek Louch) and Mr. Diddy made prospects for a reunion dim, but it turns out all they needed was a dope Kanye beat. Musically, the Bad Boy Remix isn’t particularly remarkable; sure the Lox drop some collectively impressive flows, but for the most part all Diddy does is mumble his way through a couple lines. Still, the track’s good enough that I don’t feel completely crazy asking which is better, the remix, or the re-remix? Either way, anticipation surrounding the release of Consequence’s ConsTV album, due out in early 2010, should only continue to build.
Written by matt juss on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)