Consequence is a man of many titles: rapper, entertainer, Best of the Booth Award winner, but he now add peacemaker to that impressive resume. Apparently not content to simply drop his ill Whatever U Want (Remix), Cons has decided to get his Ghandi on and bring together once sworn enemies Puff Daddy and The Lox for a Whatever U Want (Bad Boy Remix) – or as I like to call it, re-remix. A long and bitter legal battle between The Lox (a.k.a. Styles P, Jadakiss and Sheek Louch) and Mr. Diddy made prospects for a reunion dim, but it turns out all they needed was a dope Kanye beat. Musically, the Bad Boy Remix isn’t particularly remarkable; sure the Lox drop some collectively impressive flows, but for the most part all Diddy does is mumble his way through a couple lines. Still, the track’s good enough that I don’t feel completely crazy asking which is better, the remix, or the re-remix? Either way, anticipation surrounding the release of Consequence’s ConsTV album, due out in early 2010, should only continue to build.
Written by matt juss on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.