On his last mixtape leak, Consequence took us back to the days when realness reigned supreme in the game, and he had to use a Fake I.D. to get into the local spot. A decade and change later, the Queens mainstay doesn’t even have to flash his driver’s license to get into the hottest venues – why? As the oh-so-consequential emcee puts it on his latest offering, “I’m V.I.P..” Drawing inspiration (and a chorus) from Biggie‘s ‘95 classic Big Poppa, beatsmith Lee Bannon lays down some head-noddably retro guitar-led boardwork as the G.O.O.D. emcee flexes his punchline muscles, lacing his bars with braggadocio and laid-back wit. Buzzmaking guests Diggy Simmons and Mac Miller follow suit, the former quipping, “You be actin’ like a monster, the Loch Ness monster, but you’re more like Antoine Dodson’s sister’s robber.” in his clever middle 16. Digging this midtempo banger? Fans will be able to hear Cons rock plenty more dope grooves later this months, when his long-awaited Movies on Demand 2 mixtape hits the ‘net for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/2/11
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.