On his last mixtape leak, Consequence took us back to the days when realness reigned supreme in the game, and he had to use a Fake I.D. to get into the local spot. A decade and change later, the Queens mainstay doesn’t even have to flash his driver’s license to get into the hottest venues – why? As the oh-so-consequential emcee puts it on his latest offering, “I’m V.I.P..” Drawing inspiration (and a chorus) from Biggie‘s ‘95 classic Big Poppa, beatsmith Lee Bannon lays down some head-noddably retro guitar-led boardwork as the G.O.O.D. emcee flexes his punchline muscles, lacing his bars with braggadocio and laid-back wit. Buzzmaking guests Diggy Simmons and Mac Miller follow suit, the former quipping, “You be actin’ like a monster, the Loch Ness monster, but you’re more like Antoine Dodson’s sister’s robber.” in his clever middle 16. Digging this midtempo banger? Fans will be able to hear Cons rock plenty more dope grooves later this months, when his long-awaited Movies on Demand 2 mixtape hits the ‘net for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/2/11
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)