Consequence has been rapping for a long, long time. (His first official spot was on ATCQ’s ’96 album Beats, Rhymes & Life, for the rap history nerds out there.) Cons longevity means that the game’s young blood could have literally, and figuratively, sprung from his seed. As he reminds us on his new mixtape single, They My Juniors. Producer Fyre Dept. crafts a piano driven, classic hip-hop beat that writes a prescription for head-nodding that’s topped off by the skillful scratching of Audible Doctor and the legendary Pete Rock. From there it’s the Consqeuence show as the Queens emcee lays down bar after bar of OG knowledge in his steady trademark style: “And that’s why I’m named in a paternity suit / cause I proved to the world that the kid is the truth.” As if that wasn’t enough, the even more long-lasting Busta Rhymes jumps in for some fatherly advice of his own (namely give up, you’ll never be better than him). Fans eager for more consequential music can catch him digitally when his Curb Certified 2 mixtapes drops soon, and live at The DJBooth x A3C SXSW show!
Written by Nathan S. on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.