If there’s one thing we can count on from Consequence, it’s honesty. On his latest free offering Scared of Commitment, the second installment in his new ConsTV Tuesdays series, he’s leveling with listeners. If you’ve ever had to side-step a romantic situation with that awkward “Look, I like you but…not enough to be exclusive” conversation, then this might be your anthem. With the Produce Section‘s choppy horn and vocal samples as the backdrop, you might think you were eavesdropping on a scene from a sitcom co-starring Chuuwee and Killer Mike; or at least a non-VH1 rap sitcom with a hell of a soundtrack. This is Cons’ first feature since December’s When I Woke Up, but fans looking for more from Cons can now circle their calendars for Tuesday. Thankfully, he’s not afraid of commitment when it comes to offering up new music.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.