If there’s one thing we can count on from Consequence, it’s honesty. On his latest free offering Scared of Commitment, the second installment in his new ConsTV Tuesdays series, he’s leveling with listeners. If you’ve ever had to side-step a romantic situation with that awkward “Look, I like you but…not enough to be exclusive” conversation, then this might be your anthem. With the Produce Section‘s choppy horn and vocal samples as the backdrop, you might think you were eavesdropping on a scene from a sitcom co-starring Chuuwee and Killer Mike; or at least a non-VH1 rap sitcom with a hell of a soundtrack. This is Cons’ first feature since December’s When I Woke Up, but fans looking for more from Cons can now circle their calendars for Tuesday. Thankfully, he’s not afraid of commitment when it comes to offering up new music.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.