Hailing from the NYC borough of Queens, rapper Consequence is surrounded by a strong hip-hop heritage. So on the new track, Q-U-E Another E-N-S, Cons boasts about practically everything Queens has brought to the world (The Mets and the U.S. Open are two of his favorites). While Cons delivery has the same laid-back, yet powerful flow heard on Don’t Quit Your Day Job, Doc Suss’ hyptotic beat and Statik Selektah‘s sampling of two Queens classic’s (Mobb Deep and Big Noyd‘s Party Over and L.L.‘s Rock the Bells) are what puts the song over the top. Both informative and entertaining, Q-U-E Another E-N-S deserves to be bumped through speakers from Flushing to Jamaica and beyond.
Written by Burmy on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.