Hailing from the NYC borough of Queens, rapper Consequence is surrounded by a strong hip-hop heritage. So on the new track, Q-U-E Another E-N-S, Cons boasts about practically everything Queens has brought to the world (The Mets and the U.S. Open are two of his favorites). While Cons delivery has the same laid-back, yet powerful flow heard on Don’t Quit Your Day Job, Doc Suss’ hyptotic beat and Statik Selektah‘s sampling of two Queens classic’s (Mobb Deep and Big Noyd‘s Party Over and L.L.‘s Rock the Bells) are what puts the song over the top. Both informative and entertaining, Q-U-E Another E-N-S deserves to be bumped through speakers from Flushing to Jamaica and beyond.
Written by Burmy on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.