Hailing from the NYC borough of Queens, rapper Consequence is surrounded by a strong hip-hop heritage. So on the new track, Q-U-E Another E-N-S, Cons boasts about practically everything Queens has brought to the world (The Mets and the U.S. Open are two of his favorites). While Cons delivery has the same laid-back, yet powerful flow heard on Don’t Quit Your Day Job, Doc Suss’ hyptotic beat and Statik Selektah‘s sampling of two Queens classic’s (Mobb Deep and Big Noyd‘s Party Over and L.L.‘s Rock the Bells) are what puts the song over the top. Both informative and entertaining, Q-U-E Another E-N-S deserves to be bumped through speakers from Flushing to Jamaica and beyond.
Written by Burmy on 01/15/08
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.