When it comes to material success, it’s human nature to want more than you’ve got; whether you’re struggling to make ends meet or saving up for that second mansion, “enough” is a target that never stops moving. Queens vet Consequence and 305 boss Rick Ross are no exception to this rule – as they put it on this mixtape cut, recently leaked to the ‘net by DJ Envy, “The More I Get, the more I want…” Over Statik Selektah‘s low-key, head-bobbing guitar-bass boardwork, the G.O.O.D. Music signee and the Maybach general reminisce about just how far they’ve risen from their cash-strapped beginnings “...on the boulevard,” all thanks to that unstoppable drive to get more money, more women, more acclaim, more everything. Clocking in at just under two-and-a-half minutes, this brisk track may only whet fans’ appetites; if you’re craving more new music from Consequence, keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest on the emcee’s The Cons Vol. 6: King of Queens Mixtape, set to hit the ‘net “soon!”
Written by richard on 09/17/09
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.