When it comes to material success, it’s human nature to want more than you’ve got; whether you’re struggling to make ends meet or saving up for that second mansion, “enough” is a target that never stops moving. Queens vet Consequence and 305 boss Rick Ross are no exception to this rule – as they put it on this mixtape cut, recently leaked to the ‘net by DJ Envy, “The More I Get, the more I want…” Over Statik Selektah‘s low-key, head-bobbing guitar-bass boardwork, the G.O.O.D. Music signee and the Maybach general reminisce about just how far they’ve risen from their cash-strapped beginnings “...on the boulevard,” all thanks to that unstoppable drive to get more money, more women, more acclaim, more everything. Clocking in at just under two-and-a-half minutes, this brisk track may only whet fans’ appetites; if you’re craving more new music from Consequence, keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest on the emcee’s The Cons Vol. 6: King of Queens Mixtape, set to hit the ‘net “soon!”
Written by richard on 09/17/09
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)