When you grind for a decade-plus without achieving the level of acclaim you so clearly deserve, you’re bound to go little bit crazy. Just ask Consequence, who laments the maddening effects of critical apathy on Lost My Marbles, a freshly-released single off his next mixtape. House fave Lee Bannon provides a tuneful, deceptively mellow instrumental backdrop for Con’s exasperated, yet driven verses. Fresh off a performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, site regular Wax (who just kicked off his DJBooth-exclusive Unplugged series with the premiere of Paycut) does a little venting of his own on the guest tip. Movies on Demand 4 has yet to be assigned a solid drop date—it’s “coming soon”—but in the meantime, fans of Bannon’s boardwork can find more quality beats on D’Lorin‘s Booth-hosted Still Life EP, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.