When you grind for a decade-plus without achieving the level of acclaim you so clearly deserve, you’re bound to go little bit crazy. Just ask Consequence, who laments the maddening effects of critical apathy on Lost My Marbles, a freshly-released single off his next mixtape. House fave Lee Bannon provides a tuneful, deceptively mellow instrumental backdrop for Con’s exasperated, yet driven verses. Fresh off a performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, site regular Wax (who just kicked off his DJBooth-exclusive Unplugged series with the premiere of Paycut) does a little venting of his own on the guest tip. Movies on Demand 4 has yet to be assigned a solid drop date—it’s “coming soon”—but in the meantime, fans of Bannon’s boardwork can find more quality beats on D’Lorin‘s Booth-hosted Still Life EP, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.