When you grind for a decade-plus without achieving the level of acclaim you so clearly deserve, you’re bound to go little bit crazy. Just ask Consequence, who laments the maddening effects of critical apathy on Lost My Marbles, a freshly-released single off his next mixtape. House fave Lee Bannon provides a tuneful, deceptively mellow instrumental backdrop for Con’s exasperated, yet driven verses. Fresh off a performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, site regular Wax (who just kicked off his DJBooth-exclusive Unplugged series with the premiere of Paycut) does a little venting of his own on the guest tip. Movies on Demand 4 has yet to be assigned a solid drop date—it’s “coming soon”—but in the meantime, fans of Bannon’s boardwork can find more quality beats on D’Lorin‘s Booth-hosted Still Life EP, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.