When you grind for a decade-plus without achieving the level of acclaim you so clearly deserve, you’re bound to go little bit crazy. Just ask Consequence, who laments the maddening effects of critical apathy on Lost My Marbles, a freshly-released single off his next mixtape. House fave Lee Bannon provides a tuneful, deceptively mellow instrumental backdrop for Con’s exasperated, yet driven verses. Fresh off a performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, site regular Wax (who just kicked off his DJBooth-exclusive Unplugged series with the premiere of Paycut) does a little venting of his own on the guest tip. Movies on Demand 4 has yet to be assigned a solid drop date—it’s “coming soon”—but in the meantime, fans of Bannon’s boardwork can find more quality beats on D’Lorin‘s Booth-hosted Still Life EP, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)