Lyrical everyman Consequence truly epitomizes how it feels to put a dream on halt, swallow one’s pride and settle for ‘a job you’ll soon be annoyed with’ all to maintain basic survival on his single Job Song from his great new C.D. Don’t Quit Your Day Job which is in stores now! At first listen this New York emcee could get confused as a Kanye West wannabe; but that shouldn’t distract from his clever rhymes concerning situations most of us can relate to intertwined with a beat so sweet that it’s no wonder the producer’s name is Koolade. It’s easy to come to the conclusion that the title of Consequence’s album is actually a helpful suggestion: Don’t Quit Your Day Job if Consequence is on the mic!
Written by Lochy N. on 03/22/07
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)