Though Kanye West has dabbled in more futuristic sounds in recent years, he will likely always be best known for crafting smooth, laid-back urban music. After all, that’s the style that first got him a job as the Roc’s in-house producer, and that ultimately laid the musical foundation for G.O.O.D. Music‘s core roster, including Queen-born emcee Consequence. On Whatever U Want, the lead single off Cons’ sophomore full-length, he and Kanye return to that classic sound as they help a few ladies get comfortable. Kanye’s synths and John Legend‘s hook vocals set the mood for a relaxing evening, and the combination will hold particular appeal for female fans of the G.O.O.D. Music sound. If you can vibe with this, you’ll undoubtedly find plenty to like on Cons TV, scheduled to begin broadcasting in October via his new major label home at Universal Motown.
Written by Burmy on 07/1/09
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.