For weeks now G.O.O.D. Music representer Consequence has been rolling out the red carpet for his new mixtape Movies on Demand, and today he’s celebrating the release of his long-awaited mixtape by dropping standout track Don’t Stand So Close to Me. When Cons named the project Movies on Demand, he obviously was looking to make vividly visual music, and thanks to a cinematic beat from producer Statik Selektah that’s heavily influenced by The Police’s 1980 hit of the same name, Stand So Close serves as the soundtrack to Cons’ and guest artist Styles P’s lives as the duo rhymes in couplets that unveil a criminally good storyline: “I’m tryin to figure out, why you pulled out the mask / things aren’t adding up, so help me do the math.” If you’re digging this one you’ll definitely want to grab your popcorn, turn down the lights and download Movies on Demand, available now, and keep an ear out for Cons’ upcoming ConsTV album, due out later this year.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 03/15/10
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.