For weeks now G.O.O.D. Music representer Consequence has been rolling out the red carpet for his new mixtape Movies on Demand, and today he’s celebrating the release of his long-awaited mixtape by dropping standout track Don’t Stand So Close to Me. When Cons named the project Movies on Demand, he obviously was looking to make vividly visual music, and thanks to a cinematic beat from producer Statik Selektah that’s heavily influenced by The Police’s 1980 hit of the same name, Stand So Close serves as the soundtrack to Cons’ and guest artist Styles P’s lives as the duo rhymes in couplets that unveil a criminally good storyline: “I’m tryin to figure out, why you pulled out the mask / things aren’t adding up, so help me do the math.” If you’re digging this one you’ll definitely want to grab your popcorn, turn down the lights and download Movies on Demand, available now, and keep an ear out for Cons’ upcoming ConsTV album, due out later this year.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 03/15/10
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.