I was more than a little surprised to hear Rick Ross on the intro to Consequence’s new release Tell Ya Boss 2 Holla at Me, until I realized it wasn’t Rozay at all, but Cons delivering a husky “Boss!” on the intro. Whether it’s a complete coincidence or an actual Bawse reference, G.O.O.D. Music‘s Consequence, fresh off teaming up with hip-hop’s youth movement on previous feature I’m V.I.P., comes legit on his first full drop of the year, delivering well manipulated rhymes on Holla at Me. Straight from the jump, Cons puts listeners in check by letting them know where he’s coming from with his “prison break flow”, a reference sure to further inspire all the beef/diss conspiracy theorists out there. That description of his flow would also suit the production as producer Lee Bannon backs Consequence’s stamina with a beat fit for anyone with thoughts of robbery by combining rumbling and creepy orchestration over a familiar East Coast-styled bass line. Expect to see Tell Ya Boss on Consequences upcoming Movies on Demand 2, which will debut later this month.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
Band Camp Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grammy Family" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.