With the brutal weather that’s been ravaging the U.S., I think I speak for most of us when I say we need a Winterlude—as in, a break from the season. Making its world premiere right here on the front page, the B-Side to Connor Evans‘s newly-released Keys single may not have the power to bump the mercury up to a reasonable temperature or still those wailing winter winds, but the lyrical flames on display will nonetheless fill Boothgoers with some much-needed warmth. Though it clocks in at a brisk 1:34, this cut is so densely-packed with dope rhymes that it feels a minute or so longer. Over BHB‘s bluesy samples, the Redlands representative emphasizes that he’s been working towards rap stardom since his age was in the single digits. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Winterlude as well as its A-side on Evans’s So Cal Soul LP, set to drop digitally April 28.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.