With the brutal weather that’s been ravaging the U.S., I think I speak for most of us when I say we need a Winterlude—as in, a break from the season. Making its world premiere right here on the front page, the B-Side to Connor Evans‘s newly-released Keys single may not have the power to bump the mercury up to a reasonable temperature or still those wailing winter winds, but the lyrical flames on display will nonetheless fill Boothgoers with some much-needed warmth. Though it clocks in at a brisk 1:34, this cut is so densely-packed with dope rhymes that it feels a minute or so longer. Over BHB‘s bluesy samples, the Redlands representative emphasizes that he’s been working towards rap stardom since his age was in the single digits. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Winterlude as well as its A-side on Evans’s So Cal Soul LP, set to drop digitally April 28.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.