What inspired Booth newcomer Connor Evans to enter the hip-hop game? Like so many other up-and-comers, he’s driven by the promise of making big bucks in a day and age when many of his peers are lucky to find a minimum wage job flipping burgers. And it certainly didn’t hurt that, as mentioned in his Facebook bio, the Redlands, Cali repper grew up with “Coachella Fest in [his] backyard.” On This Life, the current single off his debut digital release, beatsmith BHB crafts an airy synth instrumental to back Evan as he speaks for his fellow ‘90s babies: “We all want to be a part of something a little bigger / Parents made it so easy so we all a bunch of quitters / Dreamin’ of the lifestyle of million-dollar figures / Plus we’re poppin’ all these pills till our fingers on the triggers.” Bianca Iman ties the package together with a smooth, breezy chorus. Fans can find This Life and much more on debut project #SetTheCityOnFire, released this past May for free digital download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"More Like a Suggestion" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)