What inspired Booth newcomer Connor Evans to enter the hip-hop game? Like so many other up-and-comers, he’s driven by the promise of making big bucks in a day and age when many of his peers are lucky to find a minimum wage job flipping burgers. And it certainly didn’t hurt that, as mentioned in his Facebook bio, the Redlands, Cali repper grew up with “Coachella Fest in [his] backyard.” On This Life, the current single off his debut digital release, beatsmith BHB crafts an airy synth instrumental to back Evan as he speaks for his fellow ‘90s babies: “We all want to be a part of something a little bigger / Parents made it so easy so we all a bunch of quitters / Dreamin’ of the lifestyle of million-dollar figures / Plus we’re poppin’ all these pills till our fingers on the triggers.” Bianca Iman ties the package together with a smooth, breezy chorus. Fans can find This Life and much more on debut project #SetTheCityOnFire, released this past May for free digital download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"More Like a Suggestion" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.