What inspired Booth newcomer Connor Evans to enter the hip-hop game? Like so many other up-and-comers, he’s driven by the promise of making big bucks in a day and age when many of his peers are lucky to find a minimum wage job flipping burgers. And it certainly didn’t hurt that, as mentioned in his Facebook bio, the Redlands, Cali repper grew up with “Coachella Fest in [his] backyard.” On This Life, the current single off his debut digital release, beatsmith BHB crafts an airy synth instrumental to back Evan as he speaks for his fellow ‘90s babies: “We all want to be a part of something a little bigger / Parents made it so easy so we all a bunch of quitters / Dreamin’ of the lifestyle of million-dollar figures / Plus we’re poppin’ all these pills till our fingers on the triggers.” Bianca Iman ties the package together with a smooth, breezy chorus. Fans can find This Life and much more on debut project #SetTheCityOnFire, released this past May for free digital download.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"More Like a Suggestion" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.