If you don’t get out to SoCal that much, or outside at all for that matter, just put the video above on full screen mode, sit back and relax. A California native, Connor Evans has released the video for his latest single, Surf, off his upcoming So Cal Soul album, due April 28 via Yahoo! Music. Although he’s in his early 20’s, Evans can widen your perspective on religion and luck with thoughts and stories that you don’t just make up (Cheers to your granddad, Connor). The combination of soothing production from BHB that imitates the ebb and flow of the waves, simple yet deliberate directing from Michael Tribby and Adrian Martinez, and an almost non-existent hook, allows the focus to be kept on headliner’s deeper than your average rhymes. If you can’t wait until April 28, check out his last full project, The Road to Coachella, hosted here at The DJBooth, as well as his last single, Summer Night Jam. But really, you should try at some point to get outside more. It’s nice now.
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.