If you don’t get out to SoCal that much, or outside at all for that matter, just put the video above on full screen mode, sit back and relax. A California native, Connor Evans has released the video for his latest single, Surf, off his upcoming So Cal Soul album, due April 28 via Yahoo! Music. Although he’s in his early 20’s, Evans can widen your perspective on religion and luck with thoughts and stories that you don’t just make up (Cheers to your granddad, Connor). The combination of soothing production from BHB that imitates the ebb and flow of the waves, simple yet deliberate directing from Michael Tribby and Adrian Martinez, and an almost non-existent hook, allows the focus to be kept on headliner’s deeper than your average rhymes. If you can’t wait until April 28, check out his last full project, The Road to Coachella, hosted here at The DJBooth, as well as his last single, Summer Night Jam. But really, you should try at some point to get outside more. It’s nice now.
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.