If you don’t get out to SoCal that much, or outside at all for that matter, just put the video above on full screen mode, sit back and relax. A California native, Connor Evans has released the video for his latest single, Surf, off his upcoming So Cal Soul album, due April 28 via Yahoo! Music. Although he’s in his early 20’s, Evans can widen your perspective on religion and luck with thoughts and stories that you don’t just make up (Cheers to your granddad, Connor). The combination of soothing production from BHB that imitates the ebb and flow of the waves, simple yet deliberate directing from Michael Tribby and Adrian Martinez, and an almost non-existent hook, allows the focus to be kept on headliner’s deeper than your average rhymes. If you can’t wait until April 28, check out his last full project, The Road to Coachella, hosted here at The DJBooth, as well as his last single, Summer Night Jam. But really, you should try at some point to get outside more. It’s nice now.
Written by Bryan H on 04/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)