With his next street album on the horizon, Connor Evans is two for two in the Booth: both lead effort Hipsters & PrimaDonnas and follow-up Kings, Queens & Love received at least four out of five stars from our readership. Now, the Redlands, Cali rhymesayer’s going for a hat trick with Ridin’ on a Storm, single number three off the highly-anticipated project. Taking its title from the central vocal sample in BHB‘s beat (Sadly, I was unable to identify the source—anyone?), this record features some of Evans’ realest bars to date. Reflecting on the uncertainty of his prospects in the game, he cops to “applyin’ to law school to keep [his] parents happy.” Vic Mensa, an alumnus of Windy City crew Kids These Days, contributes a poignant, deftly-flowed middle verse. So, has Evans knocked it out of the park yet again with single numéro trois? I think I know the answer but, as always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, then be sure to cop the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Road to Coachella tape July 22, when it hits our front page for free streaming and download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.