With his next street album on the horizon, Connor Evans is two for two in the Booth: both lead effort Hipsters & PrimaDonnas and follow-up Kings, Queens & Love received at least four out of five stars from our readership. Now, the Redlands, Cali rhymesayer’s going for a hat trick with Ridin’ on a Storm, single number three off the highly-anticipated project. Taking its title from the central vocal sample in BHB‘s beat (Sadly, I was unable to identify the source—anyone?), this record features some of Evans’ realest bars to date. Reflecting on the uncertainty of his prospects in the game, he cops to “applyin’ to law school to keep [his] parents happy.” Vic Mensa, an alumnus of Windy City crew Kids These Days, contributes a poignant, deftly-flowed middle verse. So, has Evans knocked it out of the park yet again with single numéro trois? I think I know the answer but, as always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, then be sure to cop the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Road to Coachella tape July 22, when it hits our front page for free streaming and download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.