With his next street album on the horizon, Connor Evans is two for two in the Booth: both lead effort Hipsters & PrimaDonnas and follow-up Kings, Queens & Love received at least four out of five stars from our readership. Now, the Redlands, Cali rhymesayer’s going for a hat trick with Ridin’ on a Storm, single number three off the highly-anticipated project. Taking its title from the central vocal sample in BHB‘s beat (Sadly, I was unable to identify the source—anyone?), this record features some of Evans’ realest bars to date. Reflecting on the uncertainty of his prospects in the game, he cops to “applyin’ to law school to keep [his] parents happy.” Vic Mensa, an alumnus of Windy City crew Kids These Days, contributes a poignant, deftly-flowed middle verse. So, has Evans knocked it out of the park yet again with single numéro trois? I think I know the answer but, as always, Booth readers get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, then be sure to cop the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Road to Coachella tape July 22, when it hits our front page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.