When you ask someone how they’re doing and they respond, “I’m OK,” that often means something isn’t going so great. (Typically, you have to quiz them further to discover exactly what.) Not Connor Evans. On a new single off his latest street album, the Cali repper makes clear that “OK Is Alright with [him].” An anthem for everyone who’s just getting by—no more, no less—this joint finds Evans rhyming about his perfectly acceptable lifestyle over BHB‘s catchy pop grooves (sampled from Eric Hutchinson’s 2009 single, OK, It’s Alright With Me). Time to weigh in, readers: is this joint just OK, or is it dope? Either way, you can hear more on The Road to Coachella, released via The DJBooth in July. A five-track EP version of the set is also available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.