When you ask someone how they’re doing and they respond, “I’m OK,” that often means something isn’t going so great. (Typically, you have to quiz them further to discover exactly what.) Not Connor Evans. On a new single off his latest street album, the Cali repper makes clear that “OK Is Alright with [him].” An anthem for everyone who’s just getting by—no more, no less—this joint finds Evans rhyming about his perfectly acceptable lifestyle over BHB‘s catchy pop grooves (sampled from Eric Hutchinson’s 2009 single, OK, It’s Alright With Me). Time to weigh in, readers: is this joint just OK, or is it dope? Either way, you can hear more on The Road to Coachella, released via The DJBooth in July. A five-track EP version of the set is also available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.