When you ask someone how they’re doing and they respond, “I’m OK,” that often means something isn’t going so great. (Typically, you have to quiz them further to discover exactly what.) Not Connor Evans. On a new single off his latest street album, the Cali repper makes clear that “OK Is Alright with [him].” An anthem for everyone who’s just getting by—no more, no less—this joint finds Evans rhyming about his perfectly acceptable lifestyle over BHB‘s catchy pop grooves (sampled from Eric Hutchinson’s 2009 single, OK, It’s Alright With Me). Time to weigh in, readers: is this joint just OK, or is it dope? Either way, you can hear more on The Road to Coachella, released via The DJBooth in July. A five-track EP version of the set is also available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.