When you ask someone how they’re doing and they respond, “I’m OK,” that often means something isn’t going so great. (Typically, you have to quiz them further to discover exactly what.) Not Connor Evans. On a new single off his latest street album, the Cali repper makes clear that “OK Is Alright with [him].” An anthem for everyone who’s just getting by—no more, no less—this joint finds Evans rhyming about his perfectly acceptable lifestyle over BHB‘s catchy pop grooves (sampled from Eric Hutchinson’s 2009 single, OK, It’s Alright With Me). Time to weigh in, readers: is this joint just OK, or is it dope? Either way, you can hear more on The Road to Coachella, released via The DJBooth in July. A five-track EP version of the set is also available for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Life" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.